Mozzarella and Tomato Chicken
2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
4 slices mozzarella
8 cherry tomatoes
2 teaspoons dried thyme, rosemary, basil
8 black olives
1 sweet potato
12 asparagus tips
1/2 Yellow pepper
- Preheat oven to 220
Grease a baking pan with some olive oil (I like to use garlic oil for this recipe but you can you which ever you prefer)
- Peel a large sweet potato and cut into chunky wedges
- Place you two chicken breast onto a chopping board and make 6 individual slits width ways across the top of each breast.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half (I have used both red and yellow tomatoes) and place a half tomatoes in every alternative slit.
- Cut the mozzarella slices in half length ways and place the halves in the remaining slits on the chicken, so that you have alternative tomato, mozzarella, tomato.
- Place the chicken breast into the centre of the cooking pan and surround with the sweet potato, asparagus, black olives, yellow pepper and remaining tomatoes halves.
- Sprinkle some olive oil and the mixed herbs on top.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
Makes 2 servings
Benefits – Vitamins and mineral
Asparagus – A, E, K, and B6, folate, iron, copper, protein, calcium and fiber
Chicken – good source of protein, choline, pantothenic acid and vitamin B12
Sweet potatoes – A, B6, C , D and manganese
Olives – iron and vitamin E
Yellow peppers – fiber, protein and iron