Large veggie pastry- serves 3-4
Its good to have a change from eating meat every now and then so why not try my Veggie pastry. Its full of goodness and ideal for vegetarians. If you want to make smaller pastries instead of one large one then just cut pastry accordingly.
1 Packet 300g puff pastry ready rolled sheet
1 pepper (I have used 1/2 orange and 1/2 green pepper)
2 shallot onions
2 springs Rosemary
6 cherry tomatoes
1/4 butternut squash
Salt and pepper (I have used Red peppercorns)
Milk or egg to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or gas mark 6. Whilst oven is heating up wash and deseed the peppers and squash before chopping all the vegetables into chunks.
- Place chopped vegetables onto a large baking tray and drizzle olive oil over the top before placing the Rosemary sprigs on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes until squash is tender, then remove from oven to cool (if the vegetables are still hot they will stop the pastry from rising). Turn oven up to 220ºC or gas mark 7
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut in half width ways.
- Place the vegetables across one half of the pastry leaving a small boarder around all sides.
- Place the other side on top and press down on the 4 sides to seal the edges.
- Place on baking tray and brush with beaten egg or milk before place in oven for 20-25 minutes
Served with fresh beetroot from my garden